Create a beautiful bow and attach to the back of your chairs to add additional holiday cheer!
If you love to entertain family and friends in your home, you’ve come to the right place! You’ll find simple ideas to make a memorable experience, from beautiful table settings to great do-ahead recipes! You can even go that extra mile and make your own home-made napkin rings to add that special and unique touch! So go ahead and start planning your own special occasion! You can’t miss!
8 cornish hens
1 cup butter, softened
1 jar apricot jam
Chipotle seasoning to taste
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Salt and pepper
- Wash hens and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste, inside and out.
- Place hens in a pan with a one-inch lip to catch drippings. Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix softened butter with jam, cinnamon and chipotle. Remove hens from oven and increase temperature to 400 degrees. Slather butter mixture on the hens and return to oven for about 20 minutes, or until birds are done.
- Remove hens from oven and slather again with butter mixture. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add a slice of lemon and a sprig of rosemary to each bird with a toothpick and serve.
Serves 4 – 6
1 heart of romaine, coarsely chopped
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 medium seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2” pieces
1 small red onion, cut into 1/4” pieces
1 cup corn kernels
1 cup diced cooked chicken
1/2 cup halved green grapes
3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
1. Mix all ingredients in bowl. Add dressing and mix well.
Dressing – this will make more than you need:
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1. Place all ingredients in a glass jar and shake.