If you love to entertain family and friends in your home, you’ve come to the right place! You’ll find simple ideas to make a memorable experience, from beautiful table settings to great do-ahead recipes! You can even go that extra mile and make your own home-made napkin rings to add that special and unique touch! So go ahead and start planning your own special occasion! You can’t miss!
8 cornish hens
1 cup butter, softened
1 jar apricot jam
Chipotle seasoning to taste
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Salt and pepper
- Wash hens and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste, inside and out.
- Place hens in a pan with a one-inch lip to catch drippings. Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix softened butter with jam, cinnamon and chipotle. Remove hens from oven and increase temperature to 400 degrees. Slather butter mixture on the hens and return to oven for about 20 minutes, or until birds are done.
- Remove hens from oven and slather again with butter mixture. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add a slice of lemon and a sprig of rosemary to each bird with a toothpick and serve.
My Thanksgiving table this year included dry corn, plastic and wooden pumpkins, silk plants, pilgrim statues, candles, wheat shafts and glitter ribbon!
A roll of beautiful autumn ribbon inspired this napkin ring for Thanksgiving!
I received a gift in this beautiful box, which I repurposed to hold roses!
A dressed-up table for a more formal dinner!
A fancy ribbon and a Christmas ornament make a lovely napkin ring!
Serves 4 – 6
1 heart of romaine, coarsely chopped
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 medium seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2” pieces
1 small red onion, cut into 1/4” pieces
1 cup corn kernels
1 cup diced cooked chicken
1/2 cup halved green grapes
3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
1. Mix all ingredients in bowl. Add dressing and mix well.
Dressing – this will make more than you need:
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a glass jar and shake.
I hosted a bridal shower recently!
I made banners to hang over the tables. . .
I filled a jewelry box with oasis and set roses for the dessert table centerpiece. . .
I decorated an aluminum tub to hold the drinks . . .
Using lots of tulle, I decorated the area where the bride-to-be opened gifts. . .
Paper was cut with scalloped scissors. . .
Table centerpieces. . .
I served a hearty salad along with a variety of breads, and desserts! (See Chicken Salad with Grapes and Mint under Salad section)
Bottles of varying sizes filled with orchids create a fresh centerpiece!
I glued some pretty ribbon onto a 6″ piece of heavy card stock (paper cut to ribbon width), and glued on a flat metal piece to create this beautiful ring!