If you love to entertain family and friends in your home, you’ve come to the right place! You’ll find simple ideas to make a memorable experience, from beautiful table settings to great do-ahead recipes! You can even go that extra mile and make your own home-made napkin rings to add that special and unique touch! So go ahead and start planning your own special occasion! You can’t miss!
8 cornish hens
1 cup butter, softened
1 jar apricot jam
Chipotle seasoning to taste
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Salt and pepper
- Wash hens and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste, inside and out.
- Place hens in a pan with a one-inch lip to catch drippings. Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix softened butter with jam, cinnamon and chipotle. Remove hens from oven and increase temperature to 400 degrees. Slather butter mixture on the hens and return to oven for about 20 minutes, or until birds are done.
- Remove hens from oven and slather again with butter mixture. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add a slice of lemon and a sprig of rosemary to each bird with a toothpick and serve.