If you love to entertain family and friends in your home, you’ve come to the right place! You’ll find simple ideas to make a memorable experience, from beautiful table settings to great do-ahead recipes! You can even go that extra mile and make your own home-made napkin rings to add that special and unique touch! So go ahead and start planning your own special occasion! You can’t miss!
Serves 4 – 6
1 heart of romaine, coarsely chopped
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 medium seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2” pieces
1 small red onion, cut into 1/4” pieces
1 cup corn kernels
1 cup diced cooked chicken
1/2 cup halved green grapes
3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
1. Mix all ingredients in bowl. Add dressing and mix well.
Dressing – this will make more than you need:
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a glass jar and shake.
I hosted a bridal shower recently!
I made banners to hang over the tables. . .
I filled a jewelry box with oasis and set roses for the dessert table centerpiece. . .
I decorated an aluminum tub to hold the drinks . . .
Using lots of tulle, I decorated the area where the bride-to-be opened gifts. . .
Paper was cut with scalloped scissors. . .
Table centerpieces. . .
I served a hearty salad along with a variety of breads, and desserts! (See Chicken Salad with Grapes and Mint under Salad section)
Bottles of varying sizes filled with orchids create a fresh centerpiece!
I glued some pretty ribbon onto a 6″ piece of heavy card stock (paper cut to ribbon width), and glued on a flat metal piece to create this beautiful ring!
Reminiscent of earlier times . . . . . .
An idea for a formal table!
1 loaf frozen bread dough
1/2 pound pepperoni, thinly sliced
1/2 pound Provolone cheese, thinly sliced
1 egg, beaten (reserve 1 tablespoon)
- Defrost and let dough rise in greased bowl until double in size.
- Roll out on floured surface until as thin as possible.
- Cover with pepperoni, sprinkle with Parmesan and spread with Provolone.
- Hand sprinkle with beaten egg and roll up using toothpicks to hold.
- Place roll on greased cookie sheet and shape into crescent.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Lower heat to 300 degrees and bake another 20 minutes.
- Cut into 1” slices. Serve warm.
A small piece of embellishment glued to a wide-ribbon!
A leafy pitcher makes a lovely vase for a summer centerpiece!
I wrapped a beautiful package with ribbons and flowers in aqua picks – it was so pretty I used it as the centerpiece for a birthday dinner!