If you love to entertain family and friends in your home, you’ve come to the right place! You’ll find simple ideas to make a memorable experience, from beautiful table settings to great do-ahead recipes! You can even go that extra mile and make your own home-made napkin rings to add that special and unique touch! So go ahead and start planning your own special occasion! You can’t miss!
8 cloves garlic
1 jalapeno pepper
1 large shallot, quartered
1 TB kosher salt
1 ts ground cumin
6 TB olive oil, divided
1 TB lime juice
¾ cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
6 TB honey
8 skinned and boned chicken thighs
1. Process first 5 ingredients and 2 TB olive oil in a food processor until finely ground. Cut a thin slice from each of the lime. Peel lime, cutting away bitter white pith. Add peeled lime and the lime juice to processor, process until smooth.
2. Whisk together yogurt, honey, 2 TB olive oil, and garlic mixture in a large freezer bag. Add chicken to marinade, turning to coat. Cover and chill 8 hours.
3. Remove chicken from marinade. Grill on an oiled, preheated grill on both side until brown. Do not overcook.
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons mild olive oil
2 heads Belgian endive (about 11 oz. total), rinsed, ends-trimmed and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-wide slivers
1 head radicchio
2 Pink Lady apples, rinsed, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
2/3 cup pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
4 ounces gorgonzola
1. Toast pecans in a 350 degree oven until lightly browned, 7 to 10 minutes..
2. Mix honey, vinegar and oil.
3. Add endive and radicchio, apple, pecans, and gorgonzola.
*** Do Ahead Tip: Dressing can be made ahead of time. Pink Lady apples will not brown like most other apples, so you can prepare the salad a couple of hours before serving. Add to dressing before serving.
2 medium tomatoes
1 medium zucchini
1 red bell pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 sheets lavash (8” square each)
1/3 cup mixed shopped herbs, such as oregano, basil, parsley and chives
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/3 cup sliced red onion
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and pepper
1 cup loosely packed arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with pizza stone or inverted baking sheet on middle rack.
- Thinly slice tomatoes, zucchini and red pepper. Mix garlic with oil and brush onto lavash. Scatter half the herbs, all vegetables, and both cheeses over lavash.
- Slide lavash onto stone and bake until cheeses are melted and crust is crisp, 5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt, pepper, remaining herbs and the arugula.